23.2.09

Mabroomeh - Mabroumeh

It has been 15 years, I haven't had "Mabroomeh". People of Maghdouche prepare it once a year at the week preceding the catholic fast (last week), and it never happens that I am there... and for somebody born and raised in Maghdouche, this is a big deprivation.

These "modern days", the filling varies from sweetened cheese to pistachio, almond, cashew nuts, pine seeds... etc. etc... but originally, "Mabroumeh" is filled with minced walnuts, sugar, orange blossom water and rose water. The mixture is laid on a vermicelli dough and then rolled in a kind of giant cigars, baked in trays and watered with cold sugar sirop "atr" immediately after being out of the oven. Yummm !








5 kommentarer:

Fijufic sa...

Thank you for the lesson...

Bobby

fragilewisdom sa...

This sounds like a pastry I bought one time at the Whole Foods Market in New Orleans. It reminded me of a Baklava cigar.

troro - the artists behind sa...

Yeah, but baklava cigars are usually filled with pistachio while Mabroumeh is filled with walnuts.The first, one can buy in any patisserie in Lebanon and the middle east, while the second is homemade and can never be bought anywhere!

NoWay sa...

Thanks for finding my blog so that I could find yours =)
I had these pastries when I was in Cairo. I am sure they are the same. Quite yummy.
Ah Lebanon...my middle son (21)backpacked around there last summer. He absolutely loved Lebanon.

Anonym sa...

Congratulations on a site that I have very good speech

Related Posts with Thumbnails